the Summer Camp 2006 Brochure/Registration Information**
- This camp is designed
to benefit children with sensory processing, communication and
social difficulties; ages 3-16.
- The camp operates 4
weeks in July from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- There are six classrooms
to meet the needs of the different levels and ages of the children.
- Staff ratio is almost
1:1 in Pre-K. Older children are encouraged to be more independent
as they are ready.
- Some of the campers are typical peer
models. Junior counselors increase the number of typical peers the children
are exposed to.
- The following are the
components included in camp:
- Developmental Individual Relationship-based
- All-day social skills development and
- Social and language IEP goals targeted
- All-day peer modeling/Facilitated play
- Rhythm and timing(shared timing) development
- Daily motor planning and sequencing activities
- Emotions and Theory-of-mind development
- Self esteem/Image enhancement
- Focus on abstract thinking, problem
solving and independence
- Speech and OT activities
- Outdoor water play
- Arts and crafts
- Music, music, music and dancing
- Friday special guests
- Snack included
- And all your basic summer camp activities